Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Week 1

It's been a busy, almost, 2 weeks now. Our stay in the hospital was the most relaxing I had out of my three stays. I just enjoyed my quiet time with Jordan, didn't stress about the kids being taken care of at home, and enjoyed seeing visitors. We had her on Friday and I was able to go home Sunday afternoon, Valentine's Day.



Everyone was very happy to have Mommy and baby home. Reagan and Ethan continued to "fight" over who got to hold Baby Jordan. She is well loved.


Ethan wanted to snuggle in bed with his new sister all the time. He thinks he's the only one who can properly administer the binky to her. :)



Here's our little angel sleeping soundly. At 7 days old she gifted us by sleeping 6 hours in the night so Mommy and Daddy could get some proper rest.


Unfortunately, not everything was smooth sailing for me. As far as recovering from the delivery, I was feeling pretty good. Jordan was nursing all the time. By Monday my milk had come in and nursing was SO SO painful, I dreaded it. Tuesday I was in tears from the pain and frustration. It felt like I was on fire everytime she wanted to feed. I made an appointment with a lactation consultant and I'm so thankful I did. It just happened that Jordan wasn't latching on quite right. I just had to wait it out and toughen up a bit. Things are so much better now, just a week later.

Grandma enjoyed snuggling and changing diapers. Since she's not bottle fed, those are the responsibilities my mom was happy to take over. It was such a blessing to have my parents and husband home all week. This was the first time I'd ever had post partum help and it was tremendous. Also, women from my MOMS group at church have been supplying us with dinners, another task that I don't relish. These are a couple pictures I took of my baby at 10 days old. I've by no means mastered photography and a lot of the pictures were not turning out how I wanted but these were a couple that were pretty cute.


Lovey little sisters. How precious!

1 comment:

Shonda said...

Keep posting as she grows. I loved doing monthly updates on Shrade for the first year. Great photography!